Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"Did you hear that noise?" "What noise?"

Wow. That was a seriously lame post last night. I apologize - I was a bit scattered and was having problems focusing. Happily, I did eventually manage to settle down and get some things done. And then ended up chatting with, like, everyone I know, who all happened to be online at the same time. The odds of that happening again? Infestiminal. I hope. Five separate conversations are a bit much to carry on at one time.

I did end up going with option 3 of #3 last night, but I'll be dipped in batter and deep-fried if I can remember the URL I chose for the page. Oops. It has something to do with the title of my NaNo, tentatively called The Posse.

("Posse" is one of my favourite words - it conveys the idea of a small, tribe-like group, without the formality, structure, or hierarchy of an official unit. It also reminds me of one of the funniest Far Side cartoons: two cowboys are looking at a pile of horses and people, and the one is saying to the other, "A posse isn't something you throw together! You have to organize these things!" Or something to that effect. I can't remember it verbatim. It was a big hit in my Organizational Management class at library school.)

(As for the title of this post - I couldn't think of anything clever that was in any way related to the body of the post. Besides, I have to go get ready for belly dancing. Tonight we start using veils!)