Saturday, October 30, 2004

The life of an anti-social hermit

Well, last night at this time I hoped I'd be writing tomorrow morning about my first time in a gay bar - in Sudbury, no less. Karen and some friends were going to the Hallowe'en party there, and I was gearing up to go, too.

Alas, the fates intervene - in the form of rain. Now, normally, rain is not a bad thing. It's a good thing, and completely expected in the fall. And, as several people went to great lengths to remind me, at least you don't have to shovel it or scrape it off your car. (Aside: okay people - the Southerner GETS IT. It gets cold up here sooner. There's lots of snow, and it usually comes sooner that it does in Niagara. I knew that when I moved up here. You can now offically quit it with the perky reminders. I give you permission to stop.)

However, when that rain is accompanied by a warmish front, and it's been chilly all week, the air pressure changes rapidly. And it's this rapid change that my sinuses Do. Not. Like. At all. I woke up with the beginnings of a headache, and it lasted pretty much all day. I had to go to the mall and for groceries, and it was a zoo, which pretty much pushed me over the edge as far as my anti-social tendencies go. So I called Karen and opted out. I'm still going over to her place tomorrow night to help hand out candy.

I've been out almost every night this week, I'll be out almost every night next week, and I'll be out all next weekend. I needed some serious hermit-time. Knitting, blogging, drinking tea or fruity mineral water, NaNoing - that's all that's on the agenda for tonight. And that's how I like it.

And the "Beginner's Guide to Being a Bitch-Hermit" from iLL WiLL PreSS pretty much sums it up. (Warning - contains strong language. So Mom, you might not want to watch it. Actually, you probably can't anyways because your connection is too slow. Never mind.)