Saturday, October 16, 2004

It's not snowing here - yet

For a while it looked like it might, and it's cold enough to snow. But it isn't.

What I have accomplished this morning so far:

I went to the market and got cider, carrots, cranberries and apples.

I went to Future Shop and got a new CD-R/RW burner (because my current one is not working properly), ink cartridges for my printer, and the Franz Ferdinand CD. It's okay. (While I was there, they were showing "The Day After Tomorrow" and I stood and watched it for a few minutes. I have a fascination with natural disasters - I was terrified of them, but I would collect books about them and watch all kinds of specials on PBS about the. My grandfather delights in telling people about how scared I was of the Mt. St. Helen's erruption, but knew everything about it. So, in other words, I need to see this movie, even though I'll have nightmares for a week afterwards.)

I stopped at Chapters because I had heard that Christopher Moore's The Stupidest Angel was out. Alas, they were sold out. But! They did have a hardcover copy of Terry Pratchett's Going Postal, so - yay! (I didn't buy it - I buy my Pratchett's in paperback.)

I went to the grocery store, where I stood in line for longer than it took to pick up what I went for. And ended up forgetting to get spinach.

And now, I will forage for lunch, replace the burner, and back up my important files so I can format this sucker. Bleah. I've already formatted my hard drive once this year but I'm getting way too many virus warnings from Norton, and everything I've done doesn't seem to be helping. Grr...

Holy crap - I think it's snowing now! No, wait - it's just rain. Sorry!